Are you a motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic person?
Would you enjoy being part of a forward-thinking, innovative organisation which is striving to maintain its position at the cutting edge of the property industry?
David James are always looking for people, both with and without estate agency experience, who can compliment our existing estate agency team.
£8.50 per hour
David James are looking for an experienced cleaner to clean their three branches in Carlton, Arnold, and Mapperley.
There will be between 8-10 working hours each week and the role is to be carried out during office hours which are 9:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday. There is flexibility on working days within the working week, although once a working schedule has been agreed, the candidate will be expected to operate to a set pattern. All cleaning equipment will be provided and the candidate will complete a timesheet each week for hours worked which will be reimbursed on a monthly basis through company payroll.
The successful candidate will be asked to provide a clean disclosure and barring service (DBS) check on commencement of employment.
Interested? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest giving some information about your experience and also your preferred working patterns.
Inspection and inventory Clerk
The ideal candidate must…
- Be able to communicate effectively with our clients both face-to-face and over the phone.
- To be able to write in clear English.
- Have a high attention to detail in their work.
- Be comfortable using Microsoft Office software and confident when using new software on tablets.
- Be comfortable driving a company vehicle but also have the ability to make use of their own vehicle for business purposes for which they will receive mileage payments on submission of appropriate mileage forms.
- Appear professional and well-presented at all times as the face of the business.
- Have the ability to organise their time and diary schedule in liaison with both their colleagues and Tenants.
The responsibilities of this role are…
- To inspect managed properties in our portfolio:
- To confirm each appointment by SMS message prior to any visits to ensure that Tenants are either able to meet you at the property or to ensure access is gained in their absence.
- To be able to manage their own diary when needed in re-arranging any cancelled appointments and re-scheduling at appropriate times.
- To be able to professionally inform clients of our access rights when needed.
- To present themselves in a professional manner when visiting clients at their home.
- To be able to accurately identify problems at properties (within Fitness for Human Habitation standard) if a client is not present and also to use your skills to identify problems at properties that Tenants may not wish to be identified in relation to their upkeep of the property (training to be provided).
- To be able to accurately complete an inspection report on site using a tablet computer and specific software (training to be provided).
- To be able to check and sync inspection reports within 24 hours of the visit.
- To be able to communicate with the Maintenance Coordinator within a reasonable timeframe of any maintenance issues noting during inspections.
- To be able to communicate with Landlords regarding any reoccurring access problems within a reasonable timeframe.
- To carry out inventories:
- Work with the Lettings team to book inventories at properties.
- Carry out a full and accurate inventory of a property, including all fixtures and fittings.
- Carry out pre-tenancy checks at properties, including taking meter readings, testing smoke/CO alarms and checking keys.
- Identify potential condition issues that may need to be addressed before tenancy commencement.
- To carry out check-out appointments:
- To book in check-outs in accordance with the Property Management team’s communications.
- To be able to accurately note any problems by comparing it to an original inventory and produce a detailed check-out report for both the maintenance coordinator and the Landlord.
- To be able to identify problems that are a Tenant’s and Landlord’s responsibility.
- To have an overview of the deposit return process should a client request information on site.
- To be able to accurately complete a check-out report on site using a tablet computer.
- To be able to provide the Maintenance Coordinator a copy of the check-out report for the deposit negotiation process to begin within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are interested in an available position or wish to send an application to us for us to retain for future vacancies, download and complete an application form or alternatively submit a copy of your current CV with covering letter.
Search for a property
Value my property
David James are members of NAEA and ARLA Propertymark which means we meet higher industry standards than the law demands.
Our experts undertake regular training to ensure they are up to date with best practice and complex legislative changes so that they can offer you the best advice. We are also backed by a Client Money Protection scheme, which guarantees that your money is protected. We are also voluntary members of both SafeAgent and the Property Ombudsman ensuring we offer our clients full protection and redress in every aspect of what we do.