The property market is still booming, so as a homeowner, knowing that your property is likely to have increased in value means that this is the perfect time to sell.
Next you need to think about preparing your home for marketing.
This means getting the property ready for photographs, video and viewings.
You want your home to look as good as it can so that potential buyers will turn up and immediately want it.
From selling, to gaining enough money to buy a new house, preparing your home is a must. Listing your property is a huge decision, and you want as many offers as possible for your home to get the best price, so here are some tips to prepare or stage your home properly for listing.
Prepare Your Home
- Pack your personal things early. One of the easiest things that you can do is to pack away all of those things that make the property YOUR home. This way people can come in and see your home as a blank canvas, and that means ideally few or no photos. Start packing early and let people see an empty house!
- Dress it. Style the property in a way that makes it stand out in a good way. Storing outdated or mismatched furniture is a good place to start, but if you need to repaint any walls it’s time to get that done. You’re basically aiming to let the viewers can see it as their home, so strip it all back to make it simple and easy to manage.
- Clear out the cupboards. When people are viewing your home, you want them to feel like they could live there. Cleaning out the cupboards allows them to see the storage space they’re going to get and it allows you to showcase that space as a selling point to your home.
- Fix any repairs. Repairing areas of the house that need to be done is a great way to achieve a little more value on that house. No buyer wants to be purchasing a home and find there are problems they weren’t aware of.
- Increase your curb appeal. One of the best things that you can do to stage your home is not to forget the outside of it. You want to ensure that when people see your home for the first time they fall in love with it.
- Creating curb appeal can be easy, splashes of colour and natural greenery that make your home stand out. You can take more time to make the outside of your home look great, and that will help you make people feel like they are welcome.